Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Anything Banana, Anything Oats

I love banana... and I have to fall in love with oats, too, recently due to a strong killing reason : cholestrol! I know one day I sure gotta try new thing with these two.

I have tried having breakfast with plain oats and sliced banana (plus raisins) superb!

I always have forgotten to bring the oats to office (plus it is not that fantastically inviting without banana).

Before we made the trip back to Johore last weekend, I have mashed some ripen bananas and left them in the fridge. When we arrived home, it was almost midnight, hence, the bananas were still left untouched.

Yesterday, after work, and actually fetched other half home, I took it out and immediately put in some (1/2 teaspoon of soda bicarbonate) and stirred them well. I left it there till I finished my 2 main dishes: Gulai Lemak Cili Api Ikan Tongkol & Sambal Kentang + Bilis.

Slightly after 9pm, I whisked 5 eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl
I put in a teaspoonful of cinnamon powder and a teaspoonful of vanilla essence
Whisk them well

Put in 3/4 condensed milk + 1 1/2 cup warm water
and the mashed banana into the mixing bowl
Whisk again, well

I sifted 2 cups of flour + 1 teaspoonful baking powder + 1/2 spoonful soda bicarbonate in the mixing bowl. 
I put in around 2 1/2 cups of OATS into the bowl
The reasons I put the oats are: Less Guilty feeling and definitely not guilty of leaving the oats untouched for months! LOL....
Whisk all the ingredient well

Lastly, put in 3/4 cup oil into the batter
whisk well
Steam the cake

Tadaaaa..... I brought some to the office
They love it

Or maybe it is true:
Makanan percuma memang sedap..... *wink!*